Sunday, January 18, 2009

Jesus loves Mormons: An Expose

As the title suggests, this is the starting-post of an expose of the Mormon Church. Its claims are extraordinary, and yet so many cannot see the darkness that it truly is. Thousands of amazing people join the Mormon Church unawares of the heresies it preaches. As a Christian, specifically a Catholic, I do not hate Mormons, the victims of deciet, but I hate Mormonism, the counterfiet faith. This group is dedicated to all those wishing to learn about the inside 'secrets' of the faith (including the Mormon Temple rites), things which the missionaries will not tell you, simply because they're either lieing to you straight out, or someone has lied to them ans they in good sincerity are just repeating the same thing to you. Understand that I personally respect Mormons and their courage to spread their faith, but I cannot under any circumstances accept their church as a church. And so, as a final note, let us take the advice of Brigham Young who once said, "Take up the Bible, compare it with the religion of the LDS, and see if it will stand the test." And also Orson Pratt, who said, "Convince us of our errors of doctrine, if we have any, by reason, by logical arguments, or by the word of God, and we will be ever grateful for the information, and you will ever have the pleasing reflection that you have been instruments in the hands of God of redeeming your fellow beings from the darkness which you may see enveloping their minds."

HISTORY OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAYS SAINTS:

To put it briefly, a young lad named Joseph Smith asked God which of the many Christian denominations he should join, whethere Catholic or Protestant. The Lord supposedly appeared to him, in bodily form, along with Jesus Christ, and said Smith should join none of them because all their creeds were abominations to God's eyes. "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me," the Prophet also wrote "When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name, and said, pointing to the other -- This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!" "My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right -- and which I should join. I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: `they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me; they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.' He again forbade me to join with any of them; and many other things did he say unto me." (Joseph Smith History 1:16-20)

Soon after, Smith was given the Book of Mormon, the golden plates, as they were, and translated them into English by the power of the Ummim and Thummim, two interpreting stones which the angel Moroni had given to Smith. The priesthood was bestowed upon Smith by Sts. Peter, James, John, and also by God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. The rest is history. According to the Mormon belief, Smith is the true Prophet of God, the LDS Church is the true Church of Christ, all others may have some elements of truth, but all in all, from God's own words, they are 'abominations'. Herein we have the dilemma, and it is with this in mind we will begin our presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment